[Pmwiki-users] Information gems regarding PmWiki

Christian Ridderström chr
Wed Jan 7 09:17:06 CST 2004

> > Something that would be interesting is if there were an automated method
> > to turn those email messages into wiki pages. But I suspect that would
> > require modifying the mailman software that the mailing list uses.

> Automation is our friend.  Wiki and email should complement each other,
> not compete.  :-)

I'm currently "solving" this problem by making it very easy to refer to
emails from the wiki pages by using InterLink-prefixes. See

	http://wiki.lyx.org/pmwiki.php/Site/InterLinks#gmane
	http://wiki.lyx.org/pmwiki.php/LyX/InternetResources#gmaneLinking

And here is page illustrating how it can be used as a way of citing:

	http://wiki.lyx.org/pmwiki.php/Devel/SpellCheckAsYouType

In practice, we could set up a prefix at the pmwiki-site that allows
us to easily refer to a an e-mail like this:

	PmWikiPost:3333

or to an entire thread:

	PmWikiThread:2332

AFAIK there would neither be a problem nor a cost for using gmane.org
as an interface for the mailing list.

/Christian

--
Dr. Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44       http://www.md.kth.se/~chr