[Pmwiki-users] Information gems regarding PmWiki

Tom Hoover l-pmwiki-users
Wed Jan 7 20:12:02 CST 2004

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 08:05:30AM -0700, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> In the meantime, here are some other ideas:  First, perhaps we should
> find ways so that useful information generated in the mailing list
> discussions can migrate over to wiki pages.  I haven't been as good about
> keeping up with this as I'd like to be but will try to do so in the
> future.  Certainly whenever someone asks a question that causes me to
> search the archives I take that as an indication that the information
> needs to be put in the wiki (this is how I generated the PmWiki.FAQ),
> and others are welcome to take the initiative to post things into the
> wiki as well.

That's why I use MakeWikiPage (http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Cookbook/MakeWikiPage).
As I'm reading messages in mutt, I can send interesting messages to my
wiki by simply pressing the "w" key.  On my system, they are initially
created in a private group that only I can read...once I clean them up,
I move them to one of the public groups.  (The regexp msg was one that I
definitely saved.)