[Pmwiki-users] robots

bram brambring zonnet bram.brambring
Thu Jan 8 07:59:11 CST 2004

Hi,

I have been looking into:

http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWiki/Robots

and used the depicted rules to exclude the action and search links. However
some searchengine sites still showed up with the ?action links.

I talked to the owner of one of them, he pointed me to the fact that
wildcards are not part of the robot exclusion standaard. And although google
supports wildcards, he is right.

The disallow section must be a complete path starting with '/'

I solved it in the local.php, are there nicer solutions?

if ( $action and ( $action!='browse' ) ) {
   $robots="noindex,nofollow";
} else {
   $robots="index,follow";
}

$HTMLTitleFmt = array (
"<title>\$Titlespaced</title>",
"<META CONTENT=\"$robots\" NAME=\"robots\">");