[Pmwiki-users] Another interlink-pattern issue

Christian Ridderström chr
Thu Jan 8 15:51:13 CST 2004

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 05:13:31PM +0100, lists at basel-inside.ch wrote:
> > Quoting "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com>:
> >
> > > I know this is a *lousy* workaround, but how about...?
> > >
> > >    ||  [[Meatball:something Meatball:something]]||

That works (on pmichaud.com and wiki.lyx.org)

> > > I'm still trying to come up with other ideas for resolving this one.
> >
> > The problem is also for normal links (it's certainly known)
> > http://www.blug.ch/pm/wiki/Blug/SiteAenderungen  (on the top)
> >
> > the || is in the link-string as  http://www.host.ch//
>
> Good point.  My best suggestion at this point would be to remove
> the | character from the $UrlPathPattern, since URLs don't often have
> the | character in them.  This can be done in local.php with:

I noticed that the problem is no longer there at pmichaud.com... so I
guess you have removed the '|' from $UrlPathPattern, is that it?

Btw, the '|' do appear in some URIs I get sent to, especially by certain
automatic mail software :-(  these are very annoying because only a part
of the URI is then recognized as a URI.

Anyway, if this is the case, we should add something to

	http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWiki/InterMap

about what you can do to 'force' a '|' into the path, i.e. use some kind
of %?? or something. Similarly, this information needs to be added to
somewhere for normatl 'http://whatever.org'-links.

/Christian

PS.

Does this also mean you might reconsider not including '@@' link patterns?