[Pmwiki-users] robots

bram brambring zonnet bram.brambring
Sat Jan 10 08:41:41 CST 2004

>But perhaps instead of arbitrary metas
>it's better to let the WikiAdministrator restrict the set of meta tags
>that can be specified, much the way that the upload code allows an admin
>to restrict the filetypes that are uploaded.

This sounds good, a site will probably not have that many external
redirects.

so something like:

$AllowedRedirect['bla']="http://www.blasite.nl";
$AllowedRedirect['blo']="http://www.blosite.nl";

or

$AllowedRedirect['http://www.blasite.nl']=1;
$AllowedRedirect['http://www.blosite.nl']=1;

(I'm lazy so I would vote for the first one)

and a bit of extra logic to translate it.

I will have a look into the metatag module and add this.

Are there more potential harmfull meta tags?

An option could be to have the refresh tag as part of [[redirect: ]], and
leave the http-equiv for what it is. I can not think of http-equiv I would
like to have an a per page bases. Tags I use on a per page base are:
keywords, description and robots.

Btw, pmwiki is uses the 'http-equiv=refresh' in the Redirect function, any
reason that it doesn't use a 301 header? (that's what the refresh tag
emulates).

regards

bram