[Pmwiki-users] htaccess blocking read-write passwords

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Jan 13 15:57:01 CST 2004

Did you try using sessionauth.php instead of the default authentication
that comes with PmWiki?  Just add

   include_once("scripts/sessionauth.php");

to your local.php.

PmWiki generally doesn't play nicely with per-user authentication in .htaccess
files--it's just the nature of Basic Authentication.

If you need full access-control lists; i.e., where people are given access
based on an authenticated username from .htaccess, let me know and I'll
see what I can come up with.  :-)

Pm