[Pmwiki-users] Re: null characters or pattern breaking characters

John Rankin john.rankin
Wed Jan 14 14:19:58 CST 2004

> It also opens options for making T:WikiWord markup smarter. Inserting a
> `. into the first paragraph of WikiWord would cause the script to return
> text up to that point.

And similarly, if we in the page 'RefPage' have:

      This page is an example\. Bla bla bla bla bla
===
I assume a typo; it should of course be

      This page is an example`. Bla bla bla bla bla

and this markup:

	T*RefPage

would produce:

	RefPage: This page is an example…

> I like the idea of `. meaning stop, and of course . is a full stop :-)

"full stop"?

===
In English English, a . is usually called a full stop :-)
===

Anyway, to conclude, I think this use of `. is very nice and we should
go for it, but I'm not sure if this means we no longer need a null token.

===
Yes, I tested this in teaser.php and it's nice. I'll upload a new version
to the CookBook soon...
JR

/Christian

--