[Pmwiki-users] A silly thing

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sat Jan 17 07:25:48 CST 2004

On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 02:00:46PM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> I prefer naming my configuration file 'config.php' instead of 'local.php'.
> It's trivial to implement of course:
> [...]
> Patrick, would you consider adding this to pmwiki.php?

I'll consider it, but what should happen if both config.php and local.php
exist?  And can we have config.php appear in just one directory instead
of looking in both local/ and the script dir?  (I check for local.php in
two locations for largely historic reasons.)

> PS. What makes this silly is that my main reason for the change is that
> the filename completion always stopped on 'local'... :-)

Ah, then an even better solution is to create a symlink from config.php
to local.php and we don't have to change the code at all.  :-)

    ln -s local.php config.php