[Pmwiki-users] CSS layout in pmwiki-0.6

Robin Sheat robin
Sat Jan 17 18:03:52 CST 2004

On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 05:46:14PM -0700, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> I haven't found any way to do this in a way that works in all browsers;
> in particular, Netscape 7.1 has trouble dealing with floating <div>s
> that don't have a width specified (Netscape wants them to default to
> 100% of the page width) and I haven't found a CSS width specifier that
> means "take the remaining horizontal space of the page" to Netscape.  I'm
> attaching a screen dump that illustrates the problem in Netscape.
Hmm, I will have to look into that, however I doubt I can do any better
than you.

> on the boxes (which eliminates the use of PmWiki's footer, since its position
> vertically depends on the length of the wikibody, which can be variable).
Yeah, that was one of the problems I had when I tried to do that with
FlexLayout. The footer would end up underneath things right at the top.

> However, resizing to the width of the page does appear to work properly in
> IE6.
Does it go as wide as the page, or just rearrange when it gets smaller?
If it is a standard way that works for IE and not Netscape, I could file
a bug on the Mozilla bugzilla. Not a short term solution, I know...

--
Robin <robin at kallisti.net.nz>                 JabberID: <eythian at jabber.org>

Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?

PGP Key 0x776DB663 Fingerprint=DD10 5C62 1E29 A385 9866 0853 CD38 E07A 776D B663