[Pmwiki-users] finding orphaned pages

Christian Ridderström chr
Mon Jan 19 04:22:24 CST 2004

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 05:14:08PM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> > On Sat, 17 Jan 2004, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> > >
> > > This reminds me... 'refcount.php' could use an update so that it works
> > > with the automatic links to groups (can't remember what cookbook this is
> > > right now, but bascially, if you have a group called PmWiki and you write
> > > 	PmWiki
> > > this will automatically be interpreted as PmWiki/PmWiki (very nice btw)).
> > Patrick, if it's safe, maybe you could modify scripts/refcount.php?
>
> ...except that refcount.php is in the core distribution, while the Cookbook
> script is not, and I don't want parts of the distribution code to depend on
> functionality that doesn't come with the distribution.

Um... I've tested the fix both with and wtihout 'AutoCreateGroupLink',
and refcount works in both cases, so it *should* be safe to let the fix go
in to the core.

>  (Also, I can't find
> the cookbook script, so I think it was in the mailing list...yes, yes, I
> know, we need a mailing list search function... :-).

I put the thing in the development section...
	http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Development/AutoCreateGroupLinks

I'd be happy to add it as a recepy to the cookbook, but I'd appreciate
suggestions for a shorter name :-)

> I could put the "automatic links to groups" patch into core pmwiki.php,
> but I'm not quite ready to do that just yet--I have a few alternate ideas
> about achieving similar or better functionality than the patch provided.
> (More on this below).
>
> So, for the time being, rather than modifying the refcount.php that
> comes with the distribution, another approach would be for someone to provide
> an alternate refcount.php script along with the Cookbook script (or wherever
> it is) that does automatic links to groups and can be placed in local/.
> Or, instead of doing an alternate refcount.php script, just an updated
> refcount.php function into the Cookbook script directly.

Ok, let me know and I'll put up a cookbook page with
 * AutoCreateGroupLinks + modified refcount.

> My idea for resolving to pages in other groups...:
> Essentially I'm thinking about providing an admin-customizable array of
> places to look to resolve wikiwords (and/or freelinks), thus one could
> specify to look for a wikiword in the current group, in a group of the
> same name as the wikiword, or in other groups".  For example, an
> admin could specify something like:
>     $WikiWordSearchFmt = array('$Group.$1','$1.$1','$1.HomePage','PmWiki.$1',
>       'Main.$1');
> which would allow 'SomeWord' to match the 'SomeWord' page in the current
> group, 'SomeWord.SomeWord', 'SomeWord.HomePage', 'PmWiki.SomeWord',
> or 'Main.SomeWord', whichever is found first.

Me like it!  (I've been thinking about similar stuff actually)

/Christian

--
Dr. Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44       http://www.md.kth.se/~chr