[Pmwiki-users] CSS layout in pmwiki-0.6

Christian Ridderström chr
Tue Jan 20 05:51:14 CST 2004

> > FWIW, in Safari 1.1.1 (Mac OS X), the PmWiki logo and group / title
> > sit with their tops aligned to the botton of "WikiHelp", in front of
> > the header and body boxes, and behind the side box.
>
> Hmmmm, okay.  I can't say I'm terribly surprised.  Could you send me a
> screen dump at some point?

Well, FWIW, the attached screenshot shows what it looks like in Opera 7.23
Linux. Oh, and to be consistent I also threw in a screenshot that's not
using the default CSS.

> Anyway, I seem to have been able to integrate the two approaches I've
> come up with thus far so that one can easily switch between a tables-based
> layout or a CSS div-based layout, by simply adding an include_once
> line to local.php.  Both layouts now make use of a common pmwiki.css
> file.

Maybe this choice between table or div-laoyt could be allowed to be
controlled through an extra argument in the URI?

	http://.../Kallisti/LongTextPageDiv?layout=table
or
	http://.../Kallisti/LongTextPageDiv?layout=div

and if 'layout' is specified through the URI, the links created by the
pages will also continue to use that layout, i.e. if you first look at:

	http://.../Kallisti/LongTextPageDiv?layout=div

and that page contains 'WikiWord', it'll translate into this URI:

	http://.../Kallisti/WikiWord?layout=div

And of course, the default layout is whatever the administrator selects.

/Christian

--
Dr. Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44       http://www.md.kth.se/~chr