[Pmwiki-users] PixMessagetoWikiPAge addition

Christian Ridderström chr
Tue Jan 20 06:09:49 CST 2004

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, Ross Kowalski wrote:

> I was just about to shut down the computer a moment agpo and realized
> that the code looks really bad with all kinds of remarks and unused
> variables and such.  I will make a real effort to clean it up tomorrow.
>
> Also, I guess this script could also work for documents.  (ie. send an
> e-mail with an attached document to documents at domainname.com and it
> could be automatically placed in the ".../uploads/documents folder for
> downloads by all.

Hi Ross

I'm feeling kind of stupid right now, so could you maybe explain what the
purpose with this thing is? E.g. give some "user scenarios", like this
maybe?

	John Doe is talking a walk, sees a cute animal, takes a picture
	with his phone and e-mails it. The picture is then extracted by
	the server and placed in .../uploads/pixmessages/ so that others
	can look at it.

This example sounds kind of cool, but since we can't delete uploaded
files, there will soon be loads of crappy pictures :-)

/Christian

--
Dr. Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44       http://www.md.kth.se/~chr