[Pmwiki-users] RE: pmwiki-0.6.beta1 released

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Jan 22 10:18:56 CST 2004

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 09:40:18AM -0600, Jonathan Scott Duff wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 01:42:25PM -0000, dave.jackson wrote:
> > I am considering dropping WikiWords all together as I am a SQL DBA, &
> > using Wiki to document my Schema, which is full of CamelCase table
> > names, column names etc. is a bit of a pain.
>
> Consider the fact that your CamelCase table names suddenly become
> links as an opportunity to write page that (surprise!) documents that
> table.  :-)
>
> The same applies for column names, but you typically would put that as
> part of the page that documents the table. Perhaps you could put
> redirects on each of those pages though that would take you to the
> proper section of the table page.

Oh, here's another idea...!  Just get rid of the question marks that follow
wikiword links to non-existent pages...in local.php:

   $WikiPageCreateFmt = '\$LinkText';
   $WikiPageCreateSpaceFmt = '\$LinkText';

With this change, WikiWords to non-existent pages will display
as plain WikiWords (with no link), while a WikiWord to an existing page
will be linked to the appropriate page.

----

Also, note that PmWiki already does some funky stuff with
$WikiWordVariableNames--currently it disables them as WikiWords via the
variables.php script.  Eventually I'm expecting to expand variables.php
so that $WikiWordVariableName will become a link to an anchor corresponding
to the documentation for that variable (and be left 'plain' if no such
anchor exists).