[Pmwiki-users] Single wiki, multiple hostnames; restricting group access based on hostname

John Feezell JohnFeezell
Thu Jan 22 21:46:31 CST 2004

The following is my solution to running multiple sites (currently 4)

First, I created a directory - PmWiki-MS - that is outside of public_html
access.
Everything related to PmWiki that applies to all sites goes in this
directory. That would include PmWiki.php, etc.  New versions of PmWiki are
installed here.

Second, for each individual site I created a directory - PmWiki-VS - that
is within the public_html access area.  Within this directory, I created
the following sub-directories:
local, wiki.d, and templates(a special directory I use for
FormTemplates).  The directories for images and uploads are maintained
within the individual site directories at the same level as PmWiki-VS.

These directories contain files that are specific to the individual
sites.  If I want to use a file contained in PmWiki-MS within a specific
site I just create a symbolic link from the individual site to the
PmWiki-MS directory using an appropriate local file name.

To gain access to PmWiki.php and its related files, I just create a
symbolic link from the individual sites to the PmWiki-MS directory.  For
example, each site has a symbolic link to PmWiki.php in the PmWiki-MS
directory.

The symbolic links can be created for both directories and individual
files as needed.

If you need more info, let me know.

BTW, I use HtmlKit ( http://www.chami.com/html-kit/ ) to manage all this
remotely via a builtin FTP program. It works great even on my 26.4 modem
connection.

/JF