[Pmwiki-users] Edit / Lock Pages

Ruediger Marwein ruediger.marwein
Wed Jan 28 09:54:46 CST 2004

Hi,

I implemented this feature with a quick hack, writing

a) a lockfile with time and ip (for each page) and
b) hiding the input area by just displaying a message and current timer
countdown and
c) removing lock if 1) the editor saves or 2) 10 minutes ran out.

That's a pretty simple way. I didn't do a timer-reset on preview but this
could be a good idea.

Deciding to merge or deciding to overwrite could be too much responsibility
for some guys.
Automerge ... does it work properly if 10 people edit the same page at the
same time? And what if all the 10 changed the same paragraph?

Gr33tZ
Ruediger

--
Ich liebe es, wenn ein Plan funktioniert.
  Hannibal Smith