[Pmwiki-users] Bug with uploads and '?pagename=...' URIs

Christian Ridderström chr
Wed Jan 28 16:02:18 CST 2004

To illustrate the bug, go to this page:

http://www.lyx.org/~chr/wiki/pmwiki.php?pagename=Main.HomePage&action=upload

and press the 'Upload' button (without selecting a file!). The result
should be this URI (split over two lines):

    http://www.lyx.org/~chr/wiki/pmwiki.php?pagename=Main.HomePage
        &action=upload&upname=&upresult=nofile

Note the '&' in the beginning of the second row. This results in the
wrong page being displayed once you've pressed the Upload-button since the
action is not recognized as 'upload'.

Tracing what causes this, it starts in HandlePostUpload()@upload.php:

  Redirect($pagename,
     '$PageUrl?action=upload&upname='.urlencode($UploadName)."&$result\");

where I don't understand how '?action=' is supposed to be converted
into '&action=' since it'll be preceeded by '?pagename='.
Anyway, Redirect()@pmwiki.php then does this:

  FmtPageName($urlfmt, $pagename)

where $urlfmt is
     '$PageUrl?action=upload&upname='.urlencode($UploadName)."&$result\"

which results in

    http://www.lyx.org/~chr/wiki/pmwiki.php?pagename=Main.HomePage
        &action=upload&upname=&upresult=nofile

This might be a bug in FmtPageName(), but I'm unable to understand the
details of that function (it could definitely use some comments :-)

/Christian

--
http://www.md.kth.se/~chr