[Pmwiki-users] Edit / Lock Pages

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Jan 28 18:34:58 CST 2004

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 02:45:08PM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
> I don't think we should allow #3 *unless* the author first has looked
> at #1. Maybe not unless they pressed a button like "discard first authors
> changes".

Would an "overwrite  checkbox" be okay?  How should it be phrased?

> Btw, what about an alternative that automatically merges the changes and
> shows that to the author?  IMO, this should be the default behaviour if
> there aren't any conflicts.

I'm not sure how to implement automatic merge in PHP just yet.  I plan to
investigate it at some date in the not-too-distant future, but I'm
wondering if edit conflict detection/resolution should
go ahead and be implemented now without merge, rather than waiting for a
merge algorithm to be implemented.