[Pmwiki-users] feat request: plain(er) text in source files

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Jan 28 18:48:41 CST 2004

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 09:55:12AM -0500, Lloyd Budd wrote:

> One of the uses I am wanting to use PMWiki for is as a PIM system.  It
> would suit my purposes much better , and be a more robust solution if
> 'text=' was more WYSIWYG.  I think my only bother is the lack of line
> fields in the 'source'.
>
> text=This is the default HomePage for a new PmWiki/PmWiki installation.
>  If you're reading this screen, then the PmWiki/PmWiki software is
> probably set up correctly.??Here are some useful default pages
> installed along with the PmWiki/PmWiki software:?*
>
> I imagine that this was a design decision that simplifies parsing.
> Still there are characters , or tokens that can be used to delimit the
> 'text='.

Yes, I'm a programmer who chooses simple designs when they're
available but leaves room for more complex designs when they're needed. :-)

If it's the choice of newline token (?) that is the problem, you can change
this to whatever you want by setting $Newline in local.php.

If it's the overall format of the files saved by PmWiki, give me an idea
of what you'd like to see as an alternative and I'll look into it.  :-)