[Pmwiki-users] Author tracking questions

Christian Ridderström chr
Sat Jan 31 16:46:07 CST 2004

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> I finally have some author tracking integrated into PmWiki; you can
> try it out at http://www.pmichaud.com/work/beta/pmwiki.php.
>
> In keeping with my standard development practice, I've gone for a
> simple but flexible implementation for the time being and will integrate
> important features as they are identified.  Thus, the current version
> simply provides a box in the edit form where a person can enter his/her
> name, and it stores the author information with each revision
> of each page.  It also saves the author name in a cookie on the user's
> browser for thirty days (configurable).
>
> A few questions for the group:
>
> * What should be the limitations on author names?  So far I think
>   that at minimum we can allow letters, digits, hyphens, spaces, and
>   underscores--basically the same as a freelink.  Is there anyone
>   that feels that limiting author names to this set is too restrictive?
>   Do we need to allow other characters such as periods and commas?

Does the letters above include '???' etc?

> * What other items besides page revisions need to track/list authorships?

Maybe track who uploads what?

> * What other author-related features should PmWiki support?  If author
>   names can be easily translated into FreeLinks then PmWiki could
>   automatically generate links to user pages (e.g., in a 'Users' WikiGroup).

It'd be nice if '-- Christian' at the end of a line would automatically
link to say Users.Christian.

/Christian

--
http://www.md.kth.se/~chr