[Pmwiki-users] Reflection on link syntax

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Jul 1 08:48:48 CDT 2004

On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 04:55:49PM +1000, Nathan Jones wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 04:52:25PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> >P.S.:  What about [[link text --link title-> target]], where "link title"
> >provides the title attribute for the link?  :-)  The extra hyphens
> >would be optional syntactic sugar.
>
> I'm confused; what do you mean by optional syntactic sugar?

I knew when I sent it that it might be confusing--I was thinking that
the leading hyphen and trailing angle bracket would denote the title
text, and authors can add extra hyphens to improve readability of the
markup.  Thus each of the following would be equivalent:

    [[link text -link title> target]]
    [[link text --link title> target]]
    [[link text --link title--> target]]
    [[link text -link title-> target]]
    [[link text ------link title------> target]]

> Lastly, would it be possible to specify a title for other things, such as
> images?

As I mentioned to Balu, do you mean a title separate from the image's
alt text?