[Pmwiki-users] Re: Reflection on link syntax

Christian Ridderström chr
Thu Jul 1 12:20:37 CDT 2004

On 1 Jul 2004, John Rankin wrote:

> I don't have a good answer, but
>
>     [[link | text]]
>     [[text -> link]]
>
> (as Pm posted while I composed this) feels a bit wrong

I *really* like Pm's "use an alternative" suggestion (I should,
considering that I've suggested using '->' a while back).

As for adding title, couldn't the title go after the link:

	[[text -> link || title]]
or	[[text -> link "title"]]

(I'm not sure how titles are added normally, but putting the title at the
end seems like a good idea to me).

> (and I agree that [[link <- text]] feels wrong)

I suspect that's because you never go from point B to point A ;-)
But to be honest, I think it looks a bit strange too.

/Christian