[Pmwiki-users] Re: free links

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Jul 1 15:54:05 CDT 2004

On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 10:44:07PM +0200, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Jul 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
> > Sorry.  Yes, CamelCase is of course still supported.  I should've said
> > that in PmWiki2 all phrases in double brackets are free links.
>
> Um... or a http:-link or attach:-link,   or have I missed something?

By the term "phrases" I was meaning to imply things that aren't URLs
or InterMap links -- i.e., sequences of plain text, and I was trying to
avoid confusion about whether or not an http:-link or attach:-link is
a "free link" (which traditional has always meant another page in the
same wiki).

The basic rule is that everything in double brackets is a link.  If it's
not a url-style of link, as in http:... or Attach:..., then it's a free link.
If the text inside the double brackets has '|' (or '->') in it, then
it's providing an alternate text to be used for the link.