[Pmwiki-users] Reflection on link syntax

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis
Fri Jul 2 11:14:44 CDT 2004

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 16:52:25 -0600, Patrick R. Michaud
<pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> Actually, the more I think about this, the more I think I like having
> both syntaxes available, as in
>
>    [[target | link text]]
>    [[text -> target]]

[snip]

> P.S.:  What about [[link text --link title-> target]], where "link title"
> provides the title attribute for the link?  :-)  The extra hyphens
> would be optional syntactic sugar.

I would prefer one of:

[[link text > target words --link title]]

or

[[link text > target words "link title"]]

My fingers hate using shift briefly, I think...when trying for -> I
produce _>, and when I want [@stuff@], I type {@stuff@}.

The idea of having two syntaxes is lovely; I threw out the notion
prematurely because it seemed selfish, to ask for "my very own syntax",
and because it seemed to violate simplicity...but I think I was wrong.
For this, two options could be simpler than one.

Bronwyn