[Pmwiki-users] german pmwiki documentation translation: how to contribute

Knut Alboldt mailing
Mon Jul 5 16:20:35 CDT 2004

At 22:30 05.07.2004, Christian wrote:
>Hi,
>
>since this is my first post on this list, above all I want to thank
>you for this great piece of software. I started to use PmWiki just a
>few weeks ago but I'm quite impressed already.

I bet you'll really love it !!

Dont forget Michael Kiesel (pmwiki at mkie.de) (btw: are you back from vacation ?)

>Also I found
>http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWikiDe/DiscussionTranslations and some
>already translated documentation pages.

The need of german docs did let us start with this page to get a start done.

>What I'm not sure about is how I can contribute to the translation.

1. Take a not-translated english page (all pages with no link in the german
docs index)
2. create the appropiated german page (add DE to groupname "Pmwiki") (we
used the original english pagenames and put a [=%ref% stement at the top of
the page =])
3. translate it
4. that's it
5. if you need help - yell :-)

Pm, is it possible to get a notification for changes of that group
(PmWikiDe) ? That would make a review more comfortable.

>- Am I right assuming, that translated pages under
>   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWikiDe/ will become part of the
>   i18n.tgz 'packet'?

as far as I can see, Pm did this (at least I got the lastest changes with
the update to 1.0.2). Pm, can you please tell us about this ?

>- Is this language support package updated regularly from
>   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWikiDe/?
>
>- Is someone checking the translations before adding them to i18n.tgz?

at least I check the translations I did every now and then. If we got a
group of translators, we should establish a regularly check of changes on
the original pages (maybe we can do this by a script in future)

>- Would it, thus, be senseful to add my translations to www.pmwiki.org
>   instead of just translating my local documentation pages?
>
>Thanks for an enlightenment!
>
>Christian Bartolomaeus

would be great to get support of you for all the translations !

I will be offline from next Sa 'til August cause I' be on vacation in
Sweden (Hej Christian !), so don't exspect my answers before then.

Knut