[Pmwiki-users] RE: Autosave on Preview

Christian Ridderström chr
Wed Jul 7 16:22:06 CDT 2004

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Mirko Froehlich wrote:

> This is partially because I don't want others to see the page before it
> is at least rudimentarily complete and partially because I do not want
> to clutter up the version history with too much junk in the initial
> stages of writing a new page (although I could probably just declare it
> a minor edit to solve this problem).

I edit most of my wiki pages from within Emacs, but I still do quite a bit
of saves (it's like a reflex now since I just have to do C-c C-c to upload
the page).  Anyway, I've also at times felt that it'd be nice if all these
minor changes weren't clogging up the history. In the simple cookbook page
I just wrote there are nine revision so far. Is there a lot of overhead
for each revision?

So maybe this could be useful even when editing from with Emacs? Or maybe
I should just be happy with saving the changes as minor.

/Christian