[Pmwiki-users] Re: Action to provide last modified date and md5 checksum

Christian Ridderström chr
Fri Jul 9 00:50:26 CDT 2004

On Fri, 9 Jul 2004, Steven Leite wrote:

> This is extremely easy to do as a Cookbook recipe.  I'd implement it as
> something like pmwiki.php?pagename=SomePage&action=pageinfo
>
> If there's demand (eg. more than one person) then I could write a
> plug-in so you could include the details in a wikipage, like this:
>
> [[page-info: creation_date, server_time, whatever]]

> That would return the details you want directly in your wikipage.  Skies
> the limit for what you want included.

For my purposes, it's less good to put the information directly in the
page:
* Emacs downloads the source of a wiki page, e.g. it'd get the directive
  but no useful information.
* Using a speical URI that only downloads the information I need will be
  much more efficient than downloading an entiree page.

I was about to suggest that it's a good idea to place 'last modified' text
on the normal wiki page, but then I remembered that we already have that.
Well, at least my pages automatically contain:
	Page last modified on July 08, 2004, at 07:05 PM by chr
below the page footer.

regards
/Christian