[Pmwiki-users] what to do when people enter HTML

Jason Grossman Jason.Grossman
Wed Jul 14 23:47:16 CDT 2004

On 15/07/2004, at 12:17, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 10:21:09AM +1000, Jason Grossman wrote:
>> When a user enters some HTML, not realising that PmWiki doesn't do
>> HTML, instead of merely failing to parse it, why not give 'em an error
>> message (maybe a funny one), and point them to
>> http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?WhyDoesntWikiDoHtml ?
>
> A good idea for a local customization; but HTML strings in a wiki page
> are not necessarily "errors".  Sometimes I'm writing a page about HTML,
> and I'm glad that PmWiki isn't interpreting my <...> sequences.  :-)
>
> Besides, I don't want to code up every possible HTML tag, nor do
> I want to assume that everything inside of angle brackets is an
> HTML tag <grin>.
>
> Pm

Good points.  I hadn't really thought about implementation details,
although I should have (slaps wrist).

How about just a pointer to http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?WhyDoesntWikiDoHtml
on PmWiki/TipsForEditing and/or PmWiki/PmWikiPhilosophy, then?

Jason G.