[Pmwiki-users] Failover when low on disk space.

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Jul 15 15:27:20 CDT 2004

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 09:57:51PM +0100, Ciaran wrote:
> How well does PMWiki run when there's 0 byte free on a disk?
> [...]
> Would it be possible to have a more
> redundant mechanism, such as saving the new page first (to a temporary
> name) then deleting the original page, then renaming the temporary
> page ?

PmWiki does this already.  If you attempt to save a page when the disk
is full, then the save to new page fails and the existing page is
left alone.

>  However the behaviour I see is very destructive, if I
> edit a wiki page and then save the changes, the whole wiki page gets
> purged :(

This shouldn't have happened--it would only happen if there's a bug
in the code or if your OS/PHP failed to return an error indicating that
the attempt to write the page had failed.