[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: pmwiki-0.6.21 released with experimental WikiFarm support

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Jun 2 13:20:24 CDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 09:03:37PM +0200, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:

> Very cool. Can this be extended for variables that you create in a
> cookbook extension?

The pages that are searched for variables are held in $VarPagesFmt
(in vardoc.php).  Are you talking about having a Cookbook.Variables
page, or about defining variables in the various Cookbook pages and
having them automatically picked up?  Keep in mind that PmWiki has
to scan wiki pages to build the variable documentation, and this operation
could get a little expensive if a lot of pages have to be scanned.

> Btw, your sandbox had been spammed and it actually seemed to be the same
> spammers who had done something to wiki.lyx.org today. Maybe it's time we
> did something about how we allow external URIs?

I'm working on making it easier to do something when we decide what that
is, but I haven't really felt strongly in favor of any of the proposed
solutions yet.