[Pmwiki-users] PmWiki development - User Authentication

Steven Leite steven_leite
Mon Jun 7 09:53:42 CDT 2004

I'd be happy with a simplistic approach (for now).

To help cut down on spamming, I'd like to control "certain parts" of my
website, or rather, dis-allow certain function on pages.  Although this
is already possible with PmWiki (by setting page attributes?), I would
also like to "hide" the controls.

The direction I personally would like to go is to have a Wiki that
"looks and feels" just like a regular website (eg. nobody can edit it
except the admin, or a select group of editors, say in a corporate
environment), but also have certain places where edits (and
contributions) are allowed.

Again, this is already possible in PmWiki by setting page attributues (I
think group attributes are also possible?).  But it's not elegant.

Is that real-world enough?

-Steven