[Pmwiki-users] TrailMemory

Robert Moore rdm
Wed Jun 9 07:09:20 CDT 2004

As per http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Development/TrailMemory :

In my sidebar I have several % trail % links showing page both ancestry (^|
|^) and previous/next (<<| |>>) trail elements. In order for users to keep
track of their wiki navigation, it would really help for there to be a
"TrailMemory" feature that could be enabled using local/config.php or in wiki
page. For example, % clear % in a wiki page might reset the non-current
trails, or alternatively % persist % could retain previous navigation.

Presently, moving between trailed pages, each trail is refreshed when a page
loads, so that only the current page's trail(s) information is displayed as
more than a link to the trail page.

"TrailMemory" would be a session or cookie based property whereby % trail %
element in the sidebar (or on the whole page) do not change, except for those
page trail elements that become current.

For instance, two trails might be on a page or sidebar. If you navigate from
one page on trail A to another page on trail B, trail A stays as it was one
the previous page, and trail B updates, being the currently used page trail.

Cheers,
Bob