[Pmwiki-users] Linebreak with '\\' bug

Steven Leite steven_leite
Wed Jun 9 12:03:26 CDT 2004

On Tuesday, June 08, 2004 11:17 PM [GMT+1=CET],
Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> 2.0 doesn't define [[<<]] as a break,
> because double-brackets are used to mean "links".

Previously there was talk about \n (newline) automatically being
interpreted as [[<<]] or // or whatever the admin decides he wants to
use.  It was also mentioned that there was roughly a 50-50 split on this
idea, as to whether newlines should be automatically rendered as <br>,
or whether they should be ignored, and <br>'s only inserted if they are
explicitly stated with teh [[<<]] syntax.

>  (Yes, I need a suitable replacement for [[<<]] in 2.0 markup.)

How about going with the new-line equals line-break for this version
2.0, and if someone wants to define, or continue to use the 'old'
method, then they can make that customization in the config.php.  (It
would save you having to come up with a replacement markup for the much
hated [[<<]] anyways)

:-)

-Steven