[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Pmwiki new version

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Jun 9 23:09:09 CDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 01:36:08AM +0200, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:

> What would happen if we required directives to be at the beginning of a
> line? And possibly only one directive per line, i.e.:
>
> 	[:notitle:]
> 	[:noheader:]
> 	[:nofooter:]

I'm not completely sure that directives will never be used
as inline markup, which this requirement would prevent.  But I
don't have any real problem living with such a restriction,
even though I think that having start+closing markup is much nicer
for things like "table", "cell", etc.

If we use this rule, then == at the beginning of a line becomes my
favorite candidate.  Note that some wikis use == to denote headings,
or ==...== to do the equivalent of PmWiki's [=...=] (not that this
prevents us from deciding to use it for directives.

Given the choice between ==directive param and {{directive param}},
I think I prefer {{directive param}}.