[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Re: Organization of pages (was: Hierarchical groups)

Christian Ridderström chr
Sun Jun 13 03:15:12 CDT 2004

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 13, 2004 at 12:31:38AM +0200, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> >
> > I was thinking these functions could be use separately (or together of
> > course). The namespace aspect should be kept and even expanded by
> > introducing page trees. When it comes to using a common header for a set
> > of pages, it could be done using something like a category.
> > [...] the basic idea is to let
> > users specify which headers, footers and sidebars that should be used
> > separately from which namespace is currently used.
> > Does this make sense?
>
> Perhaps, except that I don't want to have to do this on every page--
> I'd want to be able to associate headers, footers, and sidebars with
> pages in a namespace without having to enter something on each page
> in the namespace.

Oh, I agree. The default choice of "category" should work more or less as
it does today, i.e. when you create a page it automatically gets the same
sidebar etc as it sibling pages. What I'd like is the possibility of
choosing a different category for some pages, just like we today can
insert [[nogroupheader]], except that it'd be more like
	[[category: CategoryCoolPage]]

and you could get header, footer and sidebar etc in one go. Perhaps a
better way would be to think of this as selecting a special style for the
page?  (I'm not really thinking of doing pretty graphics here though, I'm
looking for a way to get a coherent look and sidebar for a set of pages).

/Christian