[Pmwiki-users] Pmwiki newbie asks: how far back is history kept?

Ben Schmidt bschmidt
Sun Jun 13 14:26:55 CDT 2004

As a WIKI newbie I'm concerned with visitors making erroneous or
malevolent changes. The counter-argument, as I understand it, is that
while a problem in theory, in practice it's not proven to be a
significant problem.  And anyway, one can always restore a page to its
original state. My question is: How far back can I restore a page? Is
it without limit? (err, limited by disk space?) Or if "n" revisions
back, could a malevolent user just make changes until the original page
becomes "n+1" and falls off the edge and is not a restorable choice?

On a related note, I understand that a full user-authentication system
is in the works for pmwiki? One that would offer individual
userid/passwords, password-reset via email, etc? Could someone share an
ETA on that? If I could know who was making changes, I'd be much less
concerned with my first question.

many thanks,
B Schmidt