[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Intermap-includes

Christian Ridderström chr
Sun Jun 13 16:07:20 CDT 2004

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> > I actually do that now and then, so I think we actually have to implement
> > our own search engine.
>
> Well, I wasn't planning to eliminate the search engine, either.

Ok (it sounded a bit like google would be used instead).

> I've just felt that once a basic search capability is available that
> meets the needs of most PmWiki users, my time and effort is better spent
> on other aspects of PmWiki and not reinventing search engines that
> already exist.

Ok, I'll write something later on that lets me reject matches in the
PmWiki/ group myself then (I often get too many hits in that group). I'm
thinking of a syntax like:

	-path:PmWiki*/

that rejects all matches with a page path matching 'PmWiki*/' as a glob
pattern. I'm guessing this is rather easy to add to the search function,
so it should just be a matter of adding a patch. That reminds me, is
PmWiki 1.0 available through CVS yet?

/Christian