[Pmwiki-users] CreatePage

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Mar 1 10:21:50 CST 2004

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 12:56:52PM -0300, Andres Yver wrote:
> This is a forked question:
>
> 1) How do i search the mailing list archive? Is it googled?

    http://search.gmane.org/search.php?group=gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.user

I've also been known to just add "pmwiki-users" to my Google search queries--
that seems to help.

> 2) There was mention recently of a create page/jump to page function
> from the searchbox textarea. Did this prosper?

Not yet, and the discussions I had seen thus far had these listed as two
separate functions and not combined; i.e., a jump-to box that performed
a search if the page didn't exist, and a create page box or link that
made it easier to create new pages.  Combining the two in some way might
make sense, but I'm worried about searches being confused with requests
for new pages...

> Results of searching for FooBar:
>
> 0 pages found out of x pages searched.
>
> Create a page named FooBar?

Should the "create page" link only appear if 0 pages were returned
by the search?  What if FooBar appears in the text of other pages
(e.g., as a broken link)?