[Pmwiki-users] hello can i get your ideas on this

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Mar 1 18:27:02 CST 2004

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 03:05:17PM -0500, benoit brosseau wrote:
> ok first, re-hello to all its bean somme time.
>
> i am working for a project in a hospital that make use of PmWiki to
> create a community of practice for nurses. they loved it and used it to
> generate several thousands of pages of content so far. But now they
> wants it to work with other local application so i have to develop  the
> following function:
>
> render pm wiki compatible with XML-RPC

What does "compatible with XML-RPC" mean?

> making uploads page specific (not all the files together like now)

You can already do this--set config.php to have
    $UploadPrefixFmt='/$Group.$Title_/';
and uploads will be attached to individual pages instead of entire
groups.

> being able to subscribe to a page or a group

Ummm, I'm guessing you mean you want people to get notifications of
changes to a page or group?  See the notify.php script that was
distributed with pmwiki 0.5 for an example of how this could be done.

> create a standalone application that can:
> do remote search inside the wiki
> remotely remove pages
> remotely create pages
> remotely modifying pages
> WYSIWYG editor

I'll be very interested in seeing what can be done for the WYSIWYG editor
part.  The rest of the items are fairly simple to write.

> also if anyone is working on something thats overlapping this and would
> like professional help (we will be 3 full time programers working on
> this) feel free to proposed your idea

Wanna pay me to help out a bit?  1/2 :-)
  ==>  http://pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWiki/SendPmMoney