[Pmwiki-users] Moving author field to the top

Robin Sheat robin
Mon Mar 1 22:51:43 CST 2004

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 04:40:08PM +1100, Nathan Jones wrote:
> With the exception of a few specific $Page...Fmt variables, the sections
> you define don't appear in the output unless something in your config.php
> or $Group.php says so. Not sure how you'd go about changing this default
> behaviour to include everything by default, or whether that's a good
> idea.
That's not quite what I mean. Try this:
I have a group that I want to have a different appearance to the
others. I currently do this by changing the template used in Ours.php
However, if I want to make a change that is site-wide, I have to do it
in both my normal template (call it pmwiki.tmpl because thats what it's
called:) and in the other template, ours.tmpl.

What I'm thinking about is: how feasible would it be to have a template
(say, master.tmpl) that is loaded. We then load either the pmwiki.tmpl
or the ours.tmpl, based on what the configs tell us to do. The ours.tmpl
and the pmwiki.tmpl files aren't complete templates, they only define
how pmwiki.tmpl and ours.tmpl differ from master.tmpl. So that way, to
make a site-wide change to something that hasn't been made unique in
either of them I can simply alter master.tmpl.

Make more sense now? (I'm coming down with a cold, so feel free to say
no:)

--
Robin <robin at kallisti.net.nz>                 JabberID: <eythian at jabber.org>

Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?

PGP Key 0x776DB663 Fingerprint=DD10 5C62 1E29 A385 9866 0853 CD38 E07A 776D B663