[Pmwiki-users] upload problem in pmwiki 0.6.5 with mod_rewrite for nicer urls

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Mar 2 00:43:00 CST 2004

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 11:24:17AM +0100, Hugo Fjelsted Alr?e wrote:
> I get an error when going to my uploaded files saying that
> > PmWiki can't process your request
> > 'Somegroup/somefile.txt' is not a valid PmWiki page name
> though the uploaded files are where they are supposed to be.
>
> I think this is due to that I am using the Apache mod_rewrite for
> shorter/nicer urls (http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWiki/ChangePmWikiURL)
> [...]
> My root .htaccess file says:
> RewriteEngine on
> RewriteBase /
> RewriteRule ([A-Z].*) /home/sv_ecowikiorg/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?pagename=$1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

I think your RewriteRule probably needs to have a caret (^) in front
so that it only matches capital letters at the beginning of the URL,
as in

RewriteRule ^([A-Z].*) /home/sv_ecowikiorg/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?pagename=$1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

Otherwise it'll find the Main that comes after the upload/ part and
incorrectly rewrite the rule.

I don't know if the ChangePmWikiURL page should be modified to reflect
this change (I didn't write that particular section).

Let us know if this fixes the problem, though.