[Pmwiki-users] Moving author field to the top

Jonathan Scott Duff duff
Tue Mar 2 08:35:10 CST 2004

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 11:51:37PM -0700, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> I now have an implementation that requires an author name before a user
> is allowed to post, but I'm wondering what the prompt should say when
> the user presses "Save" without an author name.  Currently it simply says
> "Author name is required", but I'm wondering if it should be phrased
> differently.

The Author field must contain a value
Author is a required field
A value is required for Author
Author required
You must provide a value for Author
Error: no Author specified!

Whatever the text is by default, it should be easily configurable by
the WikiAdmin IMHO.  $AuthorError = "Give me an Author!"

> To experiment with the author-name-required feature, edit any page
> in the Development group on pmichaud.com and try to save a page
> with the author field blank.  (A good test page is
> http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Development/WikiSandbox .)

Rather than <h3>, you should probably surround the text with <div
class='wikierror'>...</div> or something. (This is just some bias
showing through. It feels better to me to do ".wikierror { color:red; }"
instead of "#wikiedit form>h3 { color:red; }")

-Scott
Jonathan Scott Duff duff at pobox.com