[Pmwiki-users] Re:config.php

Steven Leite steven_leite
Tue Mar 2 20:11:45 CST 2004

> I realized another strange (to me) behavior. I don't face the problems
> with the directives in config.php if I use the default template. But
> since I want to change  the design I had to modify the pmwiki.tmpl to
> point to another css instead of the stdlayout.css.

You can point to another .css file, but the problem is, pmwiki is expecting
it to be in the root folder (with pmwiki.php).  If you want to keep the .css
file in the same directory as your .tmpl file and have it work when you
upload it to your server, you have to alter the path of the .css file as it
appears in your .tmpl file.

If your template file is located in:  pub/skins/thob, and your .css file is
also located there, then in your .tmpl file you probably (currently) have:

<link rel='stylesheet' href='thob.css' type=txt/css>

For it to work (after you upload it to your server), you would have to
change it to read:

<link rel='stylesheet' href='pub/skins/thob/thob.css' type=txt/css>

That fixes the problem on your server, but you now it will be broken on your
system (assuming you are using wysiwyg editor).  So to fix this NEW problem,
you need to create a directory structure similar to that on the server,
locally.  That means in the same directory as your thob.tmpl file, you have
to create the following directories:

pub/skins/thob/

Then, put your thob.css file in that directory.  Now it will work locally on
your system while editing, and also remotely on your server.  (Remember,
when you upload to your server, the thob.css file goes in the SAME directory
as your thob.tmpl file.  It's different when you are editing locally).

Hope that helps.

--S

$PubDirUrl/css/stdlayout.css' type='text/css' />