[Pmwiki-users] The reason I want a class setting that works overmultiple paragraphs.

Nathan Jones nathanj
Wed Mar 3 00:02:06 CST 2004

Steven Leite's suggestions:

>[[paragraph]], [[para]], [[portion]], [[part]], [[p]]

But we're talking about a block of content, not a paragraph. [[part]] is
the best of this list.

>[[section]]

This would be okay. I'd vote for [[block]] or [[section]]; although,
section has a connotation of it's own. I might want the top half of my
page to be treated as a single block, even though, logically, it has
multiple sections of content. (Or, more likely, I might have a section of
content, but only want to apply a class to one block within that
section.)

Snip other suggestions - none of them really seems to be a good term for
a content block.

>Here's some funny ones:
>[[slab]]

This would be okay. Although, around here, slab is more commonly used to
refer to a case/carton of beer...

Greg Morgan's suggestions:

>[[zone]], [[area]], [[box]]
>And don't forget [[blob]] :)

[[box]] is okay, but sounds like it implies a border. Visually, there may
be no box at all. I do like [[blob]], though. :-)

--
Nathan Jones