[Pmwiki-users] cannot set/change passwords (but existing passwords work fine)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Mar 12 08:30:45 CST 2004

On Sat, Mar 06, 2004 at 02:06:33PM -0600, Tom Hoover wrote:
> I just ran into a weird problem, but I can't tell exactly when the
> problem started (I haven't tried to set any passwords since I was using
> 0.5.x).  I attempted to set a password on a page (the first time that
> I've tried it with any 0.6.x version), and I cannot.  I am prompted for
> a password when attempting to visit the xxxx?action=attr page (I enter
> the admin password), and the password is accepted.  I am presented with
> the password entry form, which I then complete.  When I click "Submit
> Query", the form is cleared, and I remain on the attributes form.

Sorry for the delay in responding--I was away from my computer this
week.

I've tested things on my system and everything seems to work fine
there.  I've also checked the differences between 0.5.x and 0.6.9 and
there weren't any major changes made to the code that saves the
passwords with pages (HandlePostAttr), so there must be something
else going on here.  Do you have a URL where I can test this to
see what might be happening?