SV: [Pmwiki-users] Does a change of server password influence pmwiki? add-on

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Mar 12 09:28:57 CST 2004

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 12:16:37PM +0100, Hugo Fjelsted Alr?e wrote:
> But if it is the case that it was my change of server password that
> caused all these permission problems appearing again, I think users
> should be warned about it, as it is not something you would expect.

Well, I agree, except I think this is an issue with your web hosting
provider as opposed to being a PmWiki-specific issue.  I.e., it appears
to me that somehow changing your server password caused the permissions
and/or ownerships of all of your files to be changed (which were
previously owned by the webserver process).  That's not normal,
but apparently it's something your web hosting provider has added on
top.