SV: [Pmwiki-users] Bug in edit password function? (0.6.7-0.6.9)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Mar 15 07:21:05 CST 2004

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 09:53:46AM +0100, Hugo Fjelsted Alr?e wrote:

> PS: Still think PmWiki is a great platform! It is a bit of a nuisance
> that my webhost is restrictive about setgid permissions (they won't
> change that) [...]

PmWiki doesn't *require* setgid permissions--it just prefers setgid so
that the account holder will still have the ability to remove and rename
files that PmWiki creates.  You should be able to do everything w/o
setgid by creating the wiki.d/ directory manually, setting it to 777
permissions, and adding
   umask(0);
to your config.php file.