[Pmwiki-users] Wiki best practices, good implementations, good sites

Thomas -Balu- Walter list+pmwiki-users
Tue Mar 16 17:40:32 CST 2004

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 01:02:14PM -0900, Chris Lott wrote:
> 3. Staff and developers who are looking for ways to enhance their
> internal collaboration and find new ways for dealing with project
> management and document collaboration.

One Wiki I've already mentioned here on the list these days is the
"UnrealWiki" at http://www.unrealwiki.com/

It's intro page tells you what it is meant to be:
"The Unreal Wiki is an open, collaborative site, aiming to gather
reference, tutorials and ideas for the Unreal engine."

I got in contact with it while playing around with 3D gaming a
little and loved the ressource as a great documentation. The only
problem was that there is so much info in it that I spent days just
cruising the Wiki, making notes here and there, asking questions and
reading the answers. I never really got into coding for the unreal
engine anyhow :)

One thing I really liked was that I as an absolute newbie could help
finding things that were hard to understand or unclear and just asked my
questions. That way I really learned a lot AND helped improving the site
(at a very minimal level).

-- Balu