[Pmwiki-users] one installation, multiple wikis

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sat Mar 20 15:44:55 CST 2004

On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 10:28:33AM +1300, John Rankin wrote:

> If you look at
> http://wiki.cyg.net.nz/
>
> There are no changes required to pmwiki.php -- it's a pure local
> customisation.

http://wiki.cyg.net.nz/Main/WikiFarm says that there's a patch applied
to pmwiki.php--is this no longer true?

I wasn't able to access the .php files from that page.

> But it's a work in progress -- we are trying to make it as simple as
> possible (but no simpler).

One of the differences in this implementation/approach is that the
field directories are centralized, whereas Crisses has been looking
for a distributed field directory (e.g., into users' home directories)
approach.

Also, from a larger PmWiki perspective, and having experienced how many
problems PATH_INFO continues to cause me, I think using PATH_INFO for the
field name may not be the best approach in the general case.  I think that
obtaining a field name from PATH_INFO ought to be a valid option, but
the implementation shouldn't depend on it -- it should probably examine
a URL in a larger context to select a field (e.g., the ability to select
a field from url prefix to pmwiki.php instead of what comes afterwards).