[Pmwiki-users] Calendar Script (Bug?)

John Rankin john.rankin
Sun Mar 21 14:47:40 CST 2004

On Monday, 22 March 2004 12:48 PM, Steven Leite <steven_leite at kitimat.net> wrote:

>I'm having a problem using {{Free Link Group.Free Link Page}}
>while the calendar cookbook add-on is activated.? I think
>there's a problem with the $PageTitlePattern, but I'm not sure.
>?
>Maybe Pm could shed some light since he's the RegEx expert.? (I think) we need a valid
>?
>$PageTitlePattern = " ??? " to allow all numeric page titles.
>?
>Can anybody confirm this is a bug?? I have some other plug-in's
>enabled, so I'm not 100% sure that calendar.php is to blame, but I'm pretty sure.?
> ?
>I have links like this:
>?
>* {{Articles/Articles}}
>* {{Photogallery/Photogallery}}
>* {{People/People}}
>?
>which work fine if I comment out the include_once("calendar.php") line,
> and display as [= plain text =] if I enable it.
>?
>I'm not sure how closely related FreeLinks and PageTitles are.?
>Maybe the problme is somewhere else?
>?
>Thanks,
>?
>-S
>?
>--

The problem is that currently, some of the local customisations the calendar relies on
may not work correctly with {{Group/free link}} data. So the calendar script
ships with a script called freesupport.php that reverts to the classic free link syntax.

This is documented in the README that ships with the latest calendar (wikilog-0.6.7.tar
link in the cookbook).

I'm afraid I haven't had time to sort {{Group.free link}} properly, so disabled it for now.

The calendar changes the free link and page title patterns to allow page names to start
with a digit (not supported in standard pmwiki) and recognise 8 digits as a valid page name.
Again, this is done in freesupport.php.

Finally, as I understand it, under standard pmwiki 0.6.x, {{Group.free link}} is
supported but {{group name.free link}} isn't, but I may be wrong.

Hope this helps -- as I say, fixing this is on my to do list. There's just a lot of stuff I need
to test before I'm happy that it's all working correctly.

--
JR