[Pmwiki-users] CVS access... (was Re: Odd behavior resulting from...)

Thomas -Balu- Walter list+pmwiki-users
Wed Mar 24 19:20:37 CST 2004

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 12:47:51AM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> It really is time you let us access PmWiki through an anonymous CVS server
> or something... then for those of us who want the latest, we could just do
>
> 	cd ~/public_html/pmwiki; cvs update -d
>
> and the *real* releases would be a bit more (ahem) stable.

Updates for us on-the-edge people would be easier too, no wgeting,
untaring, copying, just the cvs update...

> IIRC, you didn't know how to get that up and running.. so maybe someone on
> the list here has some good advice on how Pm could let us access the
> development version of the code more easily. Should he move it to
> sourceforge or what?

I am using CVS here locally and have allowed access by ssh, but for a
public server you need pserver support IIRC which I don't know of yet.
But nothing you can not learn - I even know a few people who set up CVS
servers that way.

Sourceforge might be another way. Their infrastructure seems to work
quite well.

-- Balu
SUBVERSION! (sorry I have the switch from CVS to subversion on my todo
and it sometimes creeps out of my brain :)

I am fairly sure that svn will be the next standard versioning system.
It has a lot improvements over cvs. Does someone have more knowledge of
it and could help set up a public server?